If you’re experiencing problems adding a Google account to Spark, please follow these steps.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Spark
We are constantly updating Spark and improving its stability and performance. It’s better to have the newest version to be certain Spark works the best.
To check if you have the latest version of Spark on Mac, open Spark and click Spark Desktop > Check for updates at the top left. If there is an update for Spark, install it.
To check if you have the latest version of Spark on Windows, open Settings of your device > Apps > Apps & features > Spark Desktop > Check the current version.
2. Make sure you submit the needed login details
If you have generated an app-specific password, please note that you need to enter your email account's standard password. You don’t need to submit an app-specific password in Spark.
If you have two-step verification enabled, you must enter an additional verification code after submitting your password.
3. Check the network connection
Some organizations enable a firewall to prevent access to certain websites from their networks. Ask the administrator of your network if access to Gmail and Spark (as the third-party email application) is allowed.
Alternatively, you can try to connect your Gmail account using a different network.
4. Turn off a VPN
We can’t guarantee Spark will work appropriately with a VPN enabled. The quality of the performance via VPN solely relies on the servers of the VPN network.
5. Try to log into your Google account in a browser
Go to the Gmail webpage and enter your email and password to sign in. If you can sign in to your account in a browser, try to do it again in Spark.
6. Contact our support team
If none of the steps described above have worked for you, we are happy to help you personally.
- Open Spark Settings.
- Select Support and click Send next to Diagnostics information.
- A new email window will appear. In the Subject: line, write “Cannot connect to Gmail.” We need this email subject to provide you with a quick, personal reply.
- In your message, write the email address you’re trying to log in to and attach a screenshot with the error message appearing when you try to add an account.
- Send an email, and our support team will get in touch to solve your problem.
Spark automatically attaches a .zip file with the application logs to your email. We need the logs for our investigation. This file may contain some sensitive personal data, and we assure you we’ll treat it as confidential information.